Drawing framework for development, implementation and audit/review of Safety Management Plan (SMP)
The risk based safety management approach has been adopted in Indian mines [Regulation 104 of Coal Mines Regulations, 2017/ Regulation 114 of Metalliferous Mines Regulations, 2019 (Amendment)] to ensure that desired results can be met by empowerment at all levels by awareness building and training, with optimum use of resources. The risk management strategies need to be aligned with company’s business objectives to ensure that the spirit of compliance as well as the letter of the law is embraced in every corner of the enterprise
To draw a framework for development, implementation and audit/review of Safety Management Plan imbibing the spirit of self regulation, with empowerment of stakeholders by creating awareness and imparting training, on a digital platform.
2. Work Plan
Stipulations of Coal Mines Regulations/Proposed amendments in the Metalliferous Mines Regulations imbibing the goal setting approach, offer greater flexibility in the area of safety management and work elements may be summarised as:
- Review the current Safety Management Plan (if any).
- Facilitate development of Safety Management Plan (SMP) with training of stakeholders to facilitate introduction of a risk-based safety management framework .
- Facilitate development ofweb/mobile app-based system forrisk-based safety management framework
3. Resource Persons
A team of experienced mine safety professionals with proven credentials and competent Information Technology (IT) professionals with exposure to the field of mining, mentored & guided by a distinguished mine safety expert.
4. Activity Time Line
A tentative time line activity wise, has been furnished below
- 4.1 Training of mine officials on development and implementation of SMP (on site): 03-05 days (The variation is subject to site specific issues)
- 4.2 Review the current Safety Management Plan (if any)
- 4.3 Facilitate development of risk-based safety management plan (SMP)
- 4.4Facilitate development of digitally managed web/mobile app-based system for risk-based safety management framework along with training of mine officials (on site): 08-12 days (The variation is subject to site specific issues) [Activity 4.1,4.2,4.3& 4.4may run concurrently]
- 4.5 Trial for activity 4.4 and further training (on site): one month [need based]
- 4.6Facilitate preparation & scrutiny of developed SMP and delivery of systems mentioned at 4.4 (off site): one month [Provision for an interim report may be optional]
- 5.1 Assessment of the efficacy of Developed SMP and its implementation at the mine to be conducted after six month/one year (on site): 03-05 days
- 5.2 Refresher training on development & implementation of SMP to mine officials to be conducted after six month/one year (on site): 2-3 days [Activity 5.1 &5.2 may run concurrently]
6. Handholding – digital SMP
Trouble shooting, debugging and maintaining the systems developed on digital platform (on & off site): one year
7. Financial implications
Financial implications shall be furnished separately, in due course of time